Monday, June 29, 2009

Welcome Katherine Anne!

Katherine Anne Fritsche joined our family last Wednesday, June 24th at 10:02 p.m. I had a scheduled c-section on Thursday morning, June 25th, but she decided she wanted to come a little early. My water broke around 6:30 p.m. on the 24th and after throwing things into a bag for the hospital (I wasn't packed yet!), Jeff and I headed to the hospital. Before we left we snapped a few pictures - one with Ben and me and another of my belly. The lighting in these pictures is sort of weird as Jeff was the photographer. :)


We met Kate for the first time at 10:02 p.m. She weighed 8 pounds, 1 ounce and measured 21 1/2" long. She had a head full of light brown hair.

Here are some pictures of our stay in the hospital.

First picture of Baby Kate - I think she's getting a bath.


Kate & Pops

Kate & Babbie


Kate with Daddy and big brother Ben. She brought him a Thomas train named Donald so he was quickly smitten with her.

Kate & Uncle Cockles

Kate with Aunt Nini. We think Cockles is thinking "gee, I'd like to have another baby."

Daddy, Mommy & Kate

Daddy & Kate catching up on all the Michael Jackson news coverage. Everyone keeps asking if Daddy kicked me out of my hospital bed. I was up voluntarily and was tired of sitting in it!

Getting Kate ready to leave the hospital.

Her going home outfit.


All set to see my new home!





No comments: